Another series of questions, this time fired at Jerry Hazard, co-founder of Soul Side Down, bike nut, and photographer.
1. Name: Jerry Aaron Hazard
2. Location: Currently residing in Durango Colorado, but at any point, I may just may uproot to any other location, west of the Mississipp that is.
3. How long have you been riding?: My feet became permanently attached to a pair of rat trap pedals nearly 25 years ago.
4. First bike: Green Schwinn Stingray, lower riser bars, stars and stripes banana seat (no sissy bar) and a wide, fat slick tire on the back.
5. Current bike(s): Alpha Mercury Fixie, Barracuda A2 Air (circa 2002) singlespeed, and a Diamondback XTS3.
6. Favorite riding terrain: uneven, unpaved surfaces, or heavy traffic.
7. Favorite post ride food: Fried Rice and Corona, or Ska True Blonde Ale.
8. Pet peeve while riding: Creaking bike noises, Traffic, people that “sanitize” technical sections of trail.
9. What do you do for a living?: Graphic Artist, freelance photog.
10. Favorite quote: “The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” – Aristotle
“The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force” – Lord Vader, overheard in a Death Star conversation…